Niche is Hiring a Junior Designer!
You are a detail oriented, organized individual, who also solves problems using creative design thinking. You possess exceptional communication skills (both verbal and visual) and are able to translate project requirements into a space that represents a company’s brand.
We are a dynamic team with a passion for creating innovative and inspiring workspaces; and implementing the best ideas on behalf of our clients. We like to spend our days collaborating with other people who love what they do!
We are curious thinkers with a drive to learn and to give back to the community. If you are skilled in the technical and creative aspects of design, and are ready for a new opportunity to grow and thrive; than our vibrant, fast paced environment is the place for you! We are energetic, have an eclectic office playlist, and a beautiful modern office space full of natural light!
This is a full-time position and will be competitive wages, bonuses, vacation, and other incentives will be negotiated based on the selected candidates experience and skill set. that supports their team and businesses.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with site measures
- Developing creative concepts for commercial spaces (typically offices and public areas)
- Sourcing and selecting; furniture, fixtures, finishes and accessories which meet project’s design intent as well as function, aesthetic and life safety requirements
- Assisting with space planning and AutoCAD drawing packages
- Communicating with suppliers to confirm; product availability, pricing, product information and samples
- Preparing detailed and accurate specification and presentation documents using; pages and numbers (excel and word on mac operating system), as well as photoshop and PDF editing tools.
- Assist in preparing detailed furniture specifications using CET configure and project matrix tools (training to be provided, if necessary)
- Utilizing Photoshop to modify images and convey visual concepts
- Collaborate with all members of the team to create projects that exceed client expectations
- Communication with clients and contractors
- Maintaining sample library and meeting with suppliers to keep samples current
- Assisting with various administrative tasks such as; answering phones, organizing project documents, etc.
- Assisting with creating and organizing content for social media and other marketing initiatives
- Valid drivers licence and access to vehicle would be considered an asset (mileage to be reimbursed.
- Completion of recognized diploma or degree in Interior Design (or other related program)
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Photoshop
- Familiarity with keynotes, pages, and numbers programs (mac version of Microsoft, powerpoint, word, excel)
- Experience in office furniture industry would be considered an asset
- Understanding of design and renovation process
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to follow systems and procedures
- Positive attitude and desire to learn new skills
Submit your resume to HR@nichefordesign.com