Niche is expanding again!
Junior Design Associate
Growing interior design firm looking for a well rounded candidate to assist with day to day office operations and completion of commercial and residential design projects of various sizes. The Junior Design Associate will work directly with the Principal Designer and will have the opportunity to develop a wide range of design skills. This position is a full-time 14/week contract (25-30 hours/ week) with the possibility of extension to permanent full-time. The hourly rate will be determined based on the candidates experience and skill set.
Responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with site measuring for new commercial and residential projects
- Assisting with concept development
- Preparing and revising floor plan, elevation and detail drawings
- Utilizing Photoshop to modify images and convey visual concepts
- Assisting with product and finish selections
- Preparing specification and presentation documents using keynotes, pages, and/or numbers (on mac operating system)
- Corresponding with manufacturers and suppliers for sample and pricing requests
- Occasional administrative duties such as organizing client files, samples etc…
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Completion of recognized diploma or degree in Interior Design, Interior Decorating, Architectural technology or similar.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD, Photoshop, and Sketch Up programs
- Familiarity with keynotes, pages, and numbers programs (Mac version of Microsoft powerpoint, word, excel)
- Understanding of design and renovation process
- Exceptional organization skills
- Ability to follow systems & instructions
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work on a Mac computer
- Positive attitude and desire to learn new skills
- Access to own Mac laptop would be considered an asset
- Valid Driver’s Licence and access to vehicle a must
Niche for design inc. is a company focused on providing exception design services and ensuring clients get the best possible value from their renovation investment. We strive to create environments that are uniquely reflective of the businesses and individuals who enlist our creative expertise. Our Hamilton office environment is energetic and collaborative; and we frequently enjoy taking part in events with the other businesses who share our unique industrial space. As a growing, creative company, we see professional development as a particularly important part of our business. We encourage everyone in our team to be involved in the community and we provide opportunities for learning and growth whenever possible.
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
We thank you for your interest.
Only chosen applicants will be contacted.